Sunday, June 20, 2010

This Is Summer


With every passing day I don't see your face, I lay awake at night staring into space
With every passing moment we spend apart, my love for you grows stronger
With every thought I think about our memories, times well spent away it carries
With every breath I take without you next to me, suffocated is how I feel

Time away from you made me remember the sunshine and the waves
Crashing on the shore washing away the tears from spring, autumn, winter
The reason I'm still here; this is summer

With every falling raindrop that falls on my ledge, a teardrop on my cheek I hesitate to catch
With every falling child that falls off a swing, reminisces of our past it brings

Memories fade, I still remember the sunshine and the waves
Crashing on the shore washing away the tears from spring, autumn, winter
The reason I'm still here; this is summer

But how do I hold all this pain in? It's far too much for me to endure
Teach me how to endure everything. The reason it's all I care about...

I remember the sunshine and the waves
Crashing on the shore washing away the tears from spring, autumn, winter
The reason I'm still here is because I still remember
The good times that we spend, just us two together
With no one else around, you are all I care
No matter what the cost, the hurt I can bear
The reason I remember, the reason I still care, the reason I can bear;
This is summer

No comments:

Post a Comment